Friday, August 7, 2009

girls

I love my little girls and am really surprised at how much fun I actually have with them!
Growing up I had always wanted boys. I was fine with ALL boys. Girls are alot of drama, princess and pink. Boys would be so much more fun AND easier for me. I just thought I would do better job being a mom to boys. Now, I have not the first clue what I would do if a baby boy joined our family. I'm pretty sure it would scare me and all plans out the window if that ever happens.

G saw us with boys too! When we bought our house, the backyard was a selling point for him. It made the perfect football field during the day AND night. It has great lights! And G loving Baseball imagined where the bases would be. Recently, he gave up his dream and put cement on 3rd base. :) He jokes about the day he discovered his girls wouldn't be playing football, but having tea parties. He built us a porch, with good fans, with plans for a playhouse.
He LOVES his girls too and knows for sure he will be taken care of for the rest of his life. He gets embarrassed when the girls make him sing the boys parts to their songs...but he tries! He's slowly learning all the disney princess characters. I think God knew he needed little girls who ADORE him just for loving on them.

So very thankful God has given me 2 girls. I'm sure he laughed when he made their little personalities and gave them to US to raise...because they are ALL GIRL. AH will cry in Dora at the little panda getting hurt. Every Disney movie ends in happy tears. Seriously, It would crack you up to see it! And the screams that come out of her when she spies a lizard...whoa!

tea set that changes colors with cold water..HA! Love it! We've all had alot of "tea" lately!


3rd base...all covered up now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So funny that we were talking about that the other day! The Lord knows what He's doing, huh?! I do think He finds it funny to have given me 2 boys!!

Sara Elizabeth

RT said...

What a sweet post, I love it :)

Christina said...

Your paragraph about always wanting boys and having been terrified of girls echoed what I've been saying perfectly! I find out what I'm having on Tuesday and I can't wait. Girls are so intimidating because I've always been such a bad example of a girl, but I know that God will help out and that any girl I have is going to be the coolest girl I ever met!