Monday, June 9, 2008

Entertainment at IHOP

AH and I needed pancakes today and we're out of groceries, so we headed to IHOP! While we were eating, my little girl was entertaining the whole restaurant dancing with Mermaid, Ariel. "This is a fun song mommy, lets dance" So, she did!
This sweet older black man walked over to me and we had the following conversation.

Man: "Where is your husband?"
Me: "He's at work"
Man: (whispering really close to my ear) "May I ask, Is your husband a black man?"
Me: "No sir, he's not" (and I'm wondering where in the world is this going and goodness have you seen my child, she is pastey white for sure)
Man: "Well, I was just trying to figure out where she gets her moves from. She's got some great dancing rhythm and moves"
Me: laughing, "oh those are from me " :)

4 comments:

Sam Duffey said...

I know that's right! Momma's got it goin' on!!! I can't confirm from direct knowledge, but if AH actually has some moves, they definitely come from MM. Sorry G, love you buddy, but like me, you probably carry the white man overbite very well on the dance floor.

jessica said...

I am laughing so hard at this. That is so funny! You gotta post a new dance video of her for us and you need to be in to so you can prove that is where she gets it from :)

Anonymous said...

that's hilarious!

Amy said...

OH HOW FUNNY! I can not stop laughing.