Thursday, June 19, 2008

Branson or Bust

Our family has been huge fans of Kamp Kanakuk! Alice was a Kiowa princess this year for K2. We were invited to watch her karnival show. We decided all the girls should take a road trip. So, MM, AH, ding ding and mom all loaded up for the 14 hour drive to Brasnson, MO.
Now, Branson is not on my top 100 places to visit, its most loved by the senior citizen crowd, but we found some fun things too!

We tried the kiddie rides at Silver Dollar City. We were okay then.....screams...i don't want to!
Silver Dollar city is like Six Flags, but the theme is an old ozark town. I guess its not time for the rides yet :) The largest skillet I've ever seen!

This is AH getting ready for the Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. (notice her boot cup) Now, personally I loved this show. It was a dinner theater type thing. We ate while they performed tons of horse tricks and stuff. I've always wanted to see the Dixie Stampede and was thrilled everyone let me go this time! (i am fully aware I sound like a redneck now)

AH's fav show was "Amazing Pets" While the rest of us were snoring through most of the show, she was going crazy watching all the cats, birds, monkeys and dogs do tricks!
These animals were featured in the movie "Big Fish" Here is the dog riding a bicycle.

The dogs wore several costumes too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the play by play, great job recapping the trip for us :) So glad you finally got to go to Dixie Stampede, I know that's been a dream of yours for some time. Love ya! MBT

Sarah said...

glad you guys made the long haul - hope AH did ok in the car there and back. The animal show would have been a fav for addie too!