Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bite #2

Okay, parental crisis mode! Obviously, AH's school has made a mistake AGAIN...I'm sure they just didn't like the Christmas gift we gave them, or were having a bad day...

Just Kidding, I promise...

BUT, the teacher did meet me outside when i arrived...SHE BIT AGAIN! What the heck, I go from an easy going, sleeping great, eating great, yes mam', excuse me child, to a BITER! Thank goodness it wasn't the same little boy (he was absent...eek)
Seriously, we have an occasional problem, but nothing major...but to me, this could be a problem.
She was warned and knew the consequences...we had a little meeting with Spankin Spoon. :)
We're not freaking out yet,(i'm laughing a little as i write this) but its such odd behavior at this point...doesn't match any type of behavior her teachers or us have seen before.

Poor little thing...little does she know her mommy was/is one of the most strong-willed people she knows. That means she can't get away with biting...
Well, thats the latest thing...i'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the title of this blog...made me laugh. Call bw i bet he has some stories for ya,ha! and your mom!

Christina said...

Haha!
Ah, Mary Martha, you sound like the world's best parent. It's so refreshing next to some of the parents I know. The spankin spoon...

Seriously, biting is a normal phase and I think you're probably going about it the right way, although what do I know? I'm not a parent. I know one mother who said the only thing that made her otherwise sweet daughter stop biting was to bite her back. Yikes! She said she cried about it, but the baby girl never bit anyone else again! Not sure I could do that, but I guess if the problem were severe enough...

Does she really say "yes, ma'am?" Oh, that is so great. You should see this little kid I babysit every week. She's so unresponsive!