Monday, October 12, 2009

baptism


We finally joined a local church after all the moving we have done :) Soon after our decision, Catherine was baptized. Her dress was the same one her big sister and myself wore. She was the 12th person to be baptized in that same spot and the 15 th person in our family to wear that dress. What a special tradition and heritage to pass along!

We had a family brunch afterwords. I had fun pulling out all my china and silver and putting it to good use. Mom was so sweet to help me with flowers and food. Cheese grits, breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fruit...Everything was great!


She was named after those 2 sweet ones above!
I was prepared for lots of screaming when she was sprinkled....She did great and it was just a special time of thanking God for her and reminding us of his promises.

1 comment:

The Westmorelands said...

mm...such sweet pictures and such a sweet story of family tradition! we love, love, LOVE trinity and try to go there whenever we are in town. maybe next time we're home, we'll run into you. that would be so much fun! my mom really enjoyed seeing you and ah at beth's wedding. glad y'all are settled in back at home.