Sunday, January 11, 2009

ShowBiz Pizza - blast from the past




G says all the cool kids had their birthday parties at ShowBiz and dorks went to Chuck-e-cheese when he was growing up. HA! Evidently, ShowBiz was a little edgy and loud for parents...and they played rock music, instead of kids music. There is a WHOLE HUGE following out there in the world who is still mourning the loss of ShowBiz. There are several overseas and a ShowBiz collector just opened a ShowBiz just a little drive from us. You have to check out his animatronics singing Usher songs on youtube. There is also a documentary coming out about ShowBiz Rock-afire Band and the special program in Phenix City!!


4 comments:

Carly said...

G is right! I had many a party at Showbix and had no idea that they were still around! Jealous that you have one of the remaining ones so close to you! We might just have to jump in the car to go check it out:) Hope y'all are doing well. Im getting real excited about Catherine's arrival:)

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I loved when my friends had their parties at Show Biz when I was growing up. It really is the best! Who knew there is a cult following?

Kait said...

I am pretty sure that I have pictures of me and Garret at my birthday party at SHOW BIZ!!! So glad I am part of the cool club :-)

Val said...

Amen!!! Showbiz was SO much cooler than "Chucka"(as hill calls it). I'm jealous.