Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Baby Monitor ?

We tried several different baby monitors and I love my Philips monitor. It has a night light on the child's unit and a talk back feature that I love. I can tell AnnieBoo to get back in bed when I hear her playing without going in her room. 2 parent listening units, rechargeable, it's digitally awesome with no feed back ever!!! I found a great deal and LOVE LOVE it!

But, with 2 little ones, I'm interested in listening to 2 rooms.
The girls will be upstairs in different rooms and we'll be downstairs.
I would like to listen to AH and new baby if needed! (I'm not interested in a video monitor)
Do I have any options besides 2 completely separate units?
Any suggestions or advice?
Thanks for the help!

6 comments:

Val said...

I tried to find that exact thing when rett came along and no luck- I hope somebody has some ideas. The two monitors on the bedside table are not attractive! :-)

Sam Duffey said...

No monitors here, but we can't wait to see you all tomorrow!!!

The Gundy Bunch said...

Hey girlie!! What i did was purchase another monitor just like the one that we have (a sony), and i just put them on two different channels. it would mean two different bases and two different monitors on your end, but i'm pretty sure it will work for most brands. if i'm confusing, let me know, and i'll try to clarify! ;) love you!!!

jessica said...

oh it's monitor central here! we have 2 different regular monitors and a video monitor. The 2 regular monitors are different brands and i heard to do that so they won't interfere with each other and make static noises. I looked for what you are talking about but couldn't find it.

Hank and Laura said...

I bought another monitor--different brand--and they worked together on different channels. However, my neighbor recently told me she can actually hear us on her monitor in her house. It is a different brand monitor than we have and ours were all supposed to be very secure. I now just use one monitor at night with the baby. No great solution.

A Dudley said...

Below is a link for a monitor that scans b/w two different rooms. I have the regular monitor like this made by Summer and I have been happy with it. I've used it with Bo for two years and not had any problems. Babies 'R Us usually has great return polices so if you're not happy with the performance than hopefully you could take it back.

Hope this was helpful! My best to you and your family..Allison


http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3311106